29.12.2015 - 04.01.2016 10 °C
New york ... the city that never sleep.
That's right ...
We spent our NYE there and it was cool.
The simple fact to be in NY for the new year was an awesome thing that we wanted to do
My article will be short as there are already so many blogs talking of NY.
Our hostel was Manhattan Bowery Lodge, 6 nights in a tiny double room for 460 euros. ( it was the cheapest on New year period .. ) and it was located in Chinatown,close by everything.
Where to Celebrate NYE in NY ?
Most of people will go to Times Square but it is very crowded.
We heard so many stories where people queue for hours to get a good spot...
We booked a rooftop bar for 150 $ each with all you can drinks and some food as well.
I didn't like it that much as the roof was closed but at least we had a place to celebrate NYE
Try to book your ticket as soon as you can, it will be cheaper.
Transport in NY :
Port Authority is where you will arrived in NY if you travelled by bus.
The free ferry to see the Statue of Liberty can be taken from " South Ferry "
Subways run 24 hours a day and the Metro card will cost you 31 $ for 7 days of unlimited travels.
More info here : http://web.mta.info/nyct/fare/FaresatAGlance.htm
If you arrive from the airport, here are some informations to know how to get to the city : http://www.nyctourist.com/newyorkcity/publictransportation.htm
What to do ?
- Times Square
- Grand Central Terminal for its architecture
- 9/11 Memorial
- Statue of liberty via the free ferry to Staten Island
- Central park
- West village/ East Village
- Wall street area with his Century 21 shop where you will find International brands bargains ( up to 60% )
- Brooklyn Bridge ( Grimaldi pizza )
- Fifth avenue
- Highlane in Chelsea
- Shopping in Jersey Garden Outlet ( catch the bus from the station , 15 $ round trip )
Other things to do :
- Have a look at Brooklyn neighbourhood and have a drink at the rooftop in WYTHE Hotel.
- Watch a basketball game ( Tick Pick is a good website to get cheaper ticket with no hiden fees => https://www.tickpick.com/nba-tickets/
- Broadway shows ( which are very expensive, count at least 150 $ for a place )