2 month in "Brissy"
03.08.2014 - 01.10.2014 26 °C
Brisbane is my favorite city in Australia.
Why ? I know everybody love Melbourne and prefer so far Melbourne than Brisbane.
For me, the weather in Brissy is so much better,people are more friendly and easy going than the one in Melbourne,I've met more people in 2 month and 9 in Melbourne.
Also,you can find everything you need in Brisbane,you have the Gold Coast just close by with Surfer Paradise,Noosa and lot of attractions around.
The lagoon is very nice and you can do everything by walk,no need a car.
Near the lagoon you can find a nice chinese park where you can see some lizard.
I really enjoyed to be there, I've met awesome people who were really present for me and it was,I think, the most important thing.
We had a lot of fun,if I can advice you one place to go is the bar " CLOUDLAND" in Fortitune Valley.
Fortitune Valley is The Place to be during the week end.
We will find plenty of bars and nightclub there,the famous nightclubs are : the family, the Met, the Magic City and the Cloudland.
If you like rooftop bars, you can find 2 of those on Constance St: " the Lime Hotel" with hot tub cinema and " Up on Constance".
Then, for me if you like have a drink with a beautifull view on the river,the best bar is the "Riverbar" on Riverside.
The atmosphere there is pretty cool and you have a really beautiful view on the bridge.
the " Friday's" is nice as well.
- On the Sunday,it's on West end that everything is on, especially the Melbourne Hotel where the drinks are really cheap and good music.
On Friday night, you will find a nice night market in West end by the way.
Another market is on wednesday day just next to the casino,you can find different type of fresh products.
- Cinema on Tuesday night in New farm : only 7.5 $ and you can chill on the bean bag !
- The science Museum is nice as well, free of charge in Brisbane city
You can go to the state library very close by if you like chill around with your laptop.
To eat :
Ah ! I have some tips for you :
- cafe place with nice Hot Choc,coffee,deserts and Wi Fi : "Passion tree" (103 Elizabeth Street)
One other really atypical,is on Albert street,between Queen St and Adelaide St, I think the name is " Brew".
- if you like pizza : monday to friday, 10 $ pizza or Pasta at "Vapiano" (191 Albert St)
Also,you can have a really huge pizza for 15 dollars at "Soul Pizza"(11/455 Brunswill Street)
-Burger =>" Miel Container" where you can make your own Burger with all the products that you like inside between 10 $ and 13 $, the owner is a nice guy,always try to help you
- Sushi : you will find plenty of different Sushi place around Brisbane with a lot of different choice; one is on elisabeth street,others are often in the malls.
I saw an " all you can eat" on Wednesday at " Zuri Bar "
- If you like French Bakery, you can find really good chocolate croissant and bread at " Chouquette" in New Farm.
Lebonchoix is also a french Bakery in the city;the almond croissant and eclairs are good
- Cheap Breakfast at "RG cafe" in Fortitune Valley , 8 $ with a coffee.
Activities around Brisbane:
You can find plenty of activities around Brissy, if you are in family , I think the Queensland is the best in Australia for the kids.
- DREAMWORLD : only 100 $ for a year unlimited with the water park, you can take the train and then the bus only 20 $ to go and 1h30 of transportation.
There,you can find lot of attraction but also a wild life park where you can hold a koala, touch kangaroos and see a beautiful spectacle of Tigers
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: a really nice park where you can hold a koala,play with kangaroo,lot of birds and other animals for only 30 $ fee for the entry.
You can catch a bus 430 or 445 from the city, if you stay in Brisbane 1 or 2 month take a travel card and when you ll leave just ask at the counter to have your deposit back; it will be transferred on your card.
- Moreton Island : Yes you can feed dolphins there ! and it's amazing! my boyfriend offered this experience for my birthday and we had such a great day
You can find more information on " Tangalooma dolphin adventure",one day trip is enough.
You will find others activities on the island like snorkeling for example.
- Stradbroke Island: it is an island on the south, 1 h drive approx, you ll catch the ferry there and then arrived on the nice island,it's very good if one day you don't know what you can do !
It's not a Must Do, but I had good time with friends there, the landscapes looks little bit as Fraser Island.
- Surfer Paradise: 1h30 drive from Brisbane and you ll be in another city with a nice beach,the atmosphere there is very different but I liked it.
I advice to go for a week end.
I'm glad that my Australian experience ended up by Brisbane, it was such a great experience to live there even for 2 month.
My job was to work in a cafe place again, my colleague were so nice with me and I've met another french girl who became my friend almost straight away.
Thanks to all this people who made my experience exceptional <3