17.01.2015 - 22.01.2015
I liked it, it is a big city with a lot to do when you know what to do ...
If you just walk around Singapore,yes you will see a lot of shops on Orchard Street, but Singapore is more than that.
10 SGD = 6.5 euros
First, take a tourist card and use it for the tube.
Transport are cheap, I spent 10 SGD for 4 days.
Singapore has different main neighborhoods:
- Chinatown ( city center) : brown rectangle
- Malaysia district : red rectangle
- Little india : black rectangle
- Orchard road : pink ( you will find all shops you want there)
- Marina bay : orange
- Sentosa : Attraction Island
Things to do / see :
- Garden by the bay and go up to Ku De Ta lounge bar ( 1 Bayfront Avenue )
- Clarke quay for nightlife
- Chinatown: its big temple ( go up to see the garden rooftop) and Singapore city gallery ( didn't have time to go)
- Walk from Chinatown to Marina bay, along the river
- Have a drink at 1 Altitude bar ( 30 $ entry with a drink , wednesday : free for girls, 18 $ a drink)
- Malaysian District with Haji Lane
-SEA life aquarium : the biggest in the world ( discount on their website)
Access :] go to Harbour Front and then take another train ( 4 $ return) or take a cable from Mount faber ( 29 $ )
On Sentosa Island, you will find a lot of attractions : Universal, water park,beach...
More info here : http://www.rwsentosa.com/Homepage/Attractions
- Singapore Zoo is apparently one of the best in the world ( there is also a Night Safari available)
- Little India and Mustafa shop where you can find everything you want
- Botanic Garden
- MacRitchie Reservoir Park where you can see monkeys.
- Pulau Ubin where you can rent a bike and go around the island